Hey, Stu - get out of bed

I was walking at lunch today, thinking about how beautiful the old trees are, draped in moss, when I made a little discovery. I was listening to a song and really heard for the first time "...your lips are on fire, and life is wine." It went straight to the core of me like a tiny bolt of lightning. The What here is not something that I can explain satisfactorily, but I had a feeling of hope and a little joy. It was a bit like waking up to a snow day when I was in school. I really saw for the first time that each little thing that I do matters, if just to me. Anything that I choose to do or be can be a great thing, but doesn't have to be. I've been running through life in a dream, but this wonderful little epiphany shocked me back into consciousness.

I wish that I could have bottled the feeling, and taken it out every once in a while to savor the sunshine, the lightness of the moment. It's a refreshing change from the pall of holiday blues; I think I'll go walking more often now.

The song in question is one of my favorite titles: "No I in Threesome"

1 comments:

anniemcq said...

Walking is good. Life is good. Friends are good. And you are a good friend. That's way better than good. Thanks.